Network Systems Engineer
The Computing Center has an ongoing need for talented and experienced Network Engineers for our Ithaca, NY based operation.
Here is what we are looking for:
Certifications (At least one or more of the following)
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated real world experience in installing, managing and monitoring computer network infrastructures that can include: Windows Server 2008 or newer, VMWare, Hyper V, Terminal Services and/or Citrix, SQL, Exchange 2010/13 or other applications servers.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple assignments for multiple clients.
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills. We work with all kinds of clients. Some have IT staffs. With others, we are the IT staff.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory administration or other authentication technologies.
- Solid working knowledge of IP Networking including: DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPNs, firewalls, switches, and routers.
Additional experience with:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Management/administrative sides of Windows 2008 or newer server
- Security Systems such as Symantec or McAfee products.
- Experience with managed service environments. Many of our clients have remote monitoring/management contracts with us. Being comfortable with remote management systems for servers, desktops, and other devices is part of our day to day operations.
- Use of Professional Services Automation software. We are an Autotask shop. All ticketing, reporting, scheduling and time tracking is done with this application.
Do you love solving systems issues, triaging problems, and working with other highly motivated engineers, many times in a team environment?
Do you like working in different locations with different people on a regular basis?
All of these skills will be used with our clients to develop, implement, and maintain their network systems.
We recognize that Network Engineers that come to work for The Computing Center are special people, not just techies. If you think that we might be for you, send us your resume.
We offer competitive a salary/bonus program commensurate with your experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401K program with employee matching, long and short term disability insurance, paid vacation and much more.
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org